UConn Sports Analytics Symposium (UCSAS) 2022
- Date/Time: Saturday, October 8, 2022: 8:30--17:30 ET
- Location: In-person at McHugh Hall, University of Connecticut
- Hybrid: Broadcasting (except the poster session) will be facilitated for online participation
Poster Award Winner
- Shinpei Nakamura Sakai, Yale University: "Estimating Conditional Average Treatment Effects for Player Performance over Time: Assessing Load-Management in Sports"
SMT Data Challenge Winners
- Cameron Grove, Durham University (UK): "To Shift or Not to Shift? Using Player & Ball Motion Data to Build a Highly Flexible Defensive Positioning Algorithm in Baseball"
- Billy Fryer, North Carolina State University: "Should I Stay or Should I Go"
A Two-Page Flyer
Promotional flyer in pdf. Spreading the words is much appreciated.
New in 2022
Timelines and Important Dates
August 1, 2022: deadline for SMT data challenge submission
September 23, 2022: deadline for student poster submission and registration with travel support application
September 30, 2022: deadline for poster submission
October 5, 2022: deadline for registration with printed name tag
While there are many well established sports analytics conferences, they are often not accessible to students due to technical level, cost, or space limitations. UConn, recognized nationally for its teams in sports such as basketball, baseball, and hockey, among others, hosts the UConn Sports Analytics Symposium (UCSAS), which will focus specifically on undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in sports analytics. UCSAS, started in 2019 and organized by the Statistical Data Science Lab at UConn, aims to:
- showcase sports analytics to students at an accessible level;
- train students in data analytics with application to sports data; and
- foster collaboration between academic programs and the sports industry.