UCSAS 2024, Revamped!
- Date/Time: April 12-13, 2024
- Location:: University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
Timelines and Important Dates
- 08/04/2023: USOPC Data Challenge released
- 09/14/2023, 7 PM ET: Training/code session for the USOPC Data Challenge: Recording
- 01/15/2024: USOPC Data Challenge submission deadline
- 02/15/2024: USOPC Data Challenge finalists notification
- 03/15/2024: Abstract submission deadline
- 04/05/2024: Registration deadline
While there are many well established sports analytics conferences, they are often not accessible to students due to technical level, cost, or space limitations. UConn, recognized nationally for its teams in sports such as basketball, baseball, and hockey, among others, hosts the UConn Sports Analytics Symposium (UCSAS), which will focus specifically on undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in sports analytics. UCSAS, started in 2019, aims to:
- showcase sports analytics to students at an accessible level;
- train students in data analytics with application to sports data; and
- foster collaboration between academic programs and the sports industry.